Friday, September 16, 2005
Two 3x Thursdays on a Friday
1. Do you ever just take a couple of days and go radio silent from the world? Why/why not?
Well when I'm depressed I will often camp out in the bedroom during the evening. I'll watch DVDs and read. Sometimes I'll flip channels mindlessly. I'm still not really "radio silent" though. The kids pop in and out. So does Mike. I'll chat with E if she's around although I'm not a great conversationalist during these times.
2. Do you ever make it a point to get outside your everyday life? What do you do? Where do you go?
Probably not. It's hard to do spontaneous or out-of-the-ordinary things when you've got kids. I guess random trips to Seattle might count. It gets me away from my routine at home and I only have to worry about me. That's always relaxing.
3. Do you like it when people can't get ahold of you? How does it make you feel?
No, I'm always available. Again, hard to have kids and retreat from the world. Sometimes I will check the ol' caller ID and not answer it if I don't want to speak to the person on the other end.
Bonus Question for Comments: Do you have any current plans to get away? If so, what are they? In October E is coming for a vist and we're taking a road trip to Texas. That'll be a nice getaway. Mike and the kids will stay home and all I'll have to worry about is traffic and finding us a hotel each night.
Last Week’s Questions
1. Do you think you're a fairly efficient person? What is your definition of 'efficient'?
I can be efficient but I'm not sure I'm always efficient. Effiency means getting something done in the most logical and effective way. It means getting right to the heart of things and finishing the task in a timely manner yet still doing a good job. Don't do it quickly and half-assed.
2. Does it bug you when you feel someone is wasting your time? How do you handle it?
Yeah, although I'm a fairly patient person. I can't recall of any recent time wasting perpetrated on me. If I'm at a place of business where they're incompetent and I'm having to wait around too much I'll often say 'screw it' and leave.
3. What happens when you have to work on someone else's timetable? Does it drive you crazy when they don't do things the way you would, or are you able to adapt pretty well?
It can drive me crazy but I'm usually a good team player and will adapt. Of course, I have also been known to lose my patience and just do it my way if they're taking too long.
Bonus Question for Comments: Is it all just wasted time? Nah...even during the wasted moments we generally learn something.
posted by Tamara - 7:02 PM -- Link to this entry
Show / Post Comments
Home | Flooby
Reviews | Flooby Reviews Archives | Flaming Carrot vs. the Legion of Super-Heroes | TJ's Web Log
Web Log | About Flooby.com | Flooby Carrot! | Who
is the Flaming Carrot? | Links
Flaming Carrot and
Flaming Carrot Comics © 2000 Bob Burden.