Friday, January 07, 2005
The Friday Forum
1) What's one of the funniest things that you ever did as a kid? How old were you? Do you actually remember doing it? Do your parents/relatives still tell stories about it?
I'm not sure I did many funny things as a kid. There's a picture of me when I was a baby with a baby food lid stuck on my ear. I had been playing with it on my mom's bed and then I lost it. I looked everywhere on that bed for it and it was stuck to my ear. Mom laughed and ran to get her camera. The rest is black and white film history.
Mom still tells the story about me asking her why there were giants in the world. She told me there weren't giants. I told her there were--Uncle Vernon (he's 6 feet 8).
That's about all I can remember.
2) How would you describe yourself as a child? Extroverted or introverted? Creative? Hyper? Quiet? Compare that with your personality today. Are you still that way, for the most part?
Introverted definitely. Quiet yes. A lot like I am today actually.
3) What were some of your favorite childhood toys? Do you still have any of them? What do you think of the toys that children are playing with nowadays?
I liked playing with my Barbie and Barbie type dolls. I had a Freddie the Flute from H.R. Pufnstuf when I was four that I liked a lot.
Toys today are really cool. They've got a lot more action figures these days for example.
4) Do you feel that you get along well with children? Why/why not? Are you around them quite a bit? Are there any particular age groups that you get along especially well with?
I get along okay with kids. Probably because I treat them like they're people. I'm around kids every day--my own and the kids in the class. I get along best with elementary school kids.
5) Did you like school when you were a kid? Were you involved with any sports, extracurricular activities, etc. as a child? Did you make pretty good grades, and did you like your teachers?
Yeah, I liked school. I made good grades and liked most of my teachers. There were only a handful I didn't like and it wasn't because they were really mean. Mostly I didn't like them because they weren't very engaged and their classes were boring. And my social studies teacher in junior high could never remember my name. He always called me Brenda. Fucktard.
I was involved in basketball when I was in elementary school. Back then they had the Putnam City elementary schools play each other. I also played basketball outside of school and then when I was in the fifth grade I started softball. Played softball until my junior year of high school. Never played for the school though.
posted by Tamara - 6:13 AM -- Link to this entry
Show / Post Comments
Home | Flooby
Reviews | Flooby Reviews Archives | Flaming Carrot vs. the Legion of Super-Heroes | TJ's Web Log
Web Log | About Flooby.com | Flooby Carrot! | Who
is the Flaming Carrot? | Links
Flaming Carrot and
Flaming Carrot Comics © 2000 Bob Burden.