Friday, September 24, 2004
The Friday Forum
1) What qualities in a friendship are most important to you?
Honesty, trust, humor, kindness, intelligence.
2) Who is your oldest friend (in terms of how long you've known the person)? Who is your newest friend? How did you meet both of them, and why do you get along so well?
Denise is my oldest friend--met her when we were in elementary school. She lived down the street from me. I don't really have to get along with Denise because she lives out of state. But we keep in touch and I'm sure if we lived close to one another we'd still get along. She's very easy-going and can put up with my shit.
E is my newest friend and I met her last November online. Geez, why do we get along so well...I guess it just seems like I've known her a lot longer than I really have. If I had to pick someone to be my sister, it would be E. I can tell her anything...even if she has to drag it out of me.
3) Have you ever met someone, become really close friends with them, and then drifted apart for some reason? How did it happen, and did you ever try to get back in touch with that person?
Yeah...Christian. He moved away from Las Cruces to work for ADM and then after we moved back to OKC I lost touch. I should have known it would happen. Chris and I used to talk about how bad he was at keeping in touch with old friends. I still wonder where he is and how he's doing though. Searching for his new email address on the internet has so far yielded no results.
4) Do you feel that men and women can be good friends? Why/why not? Do you have any close friends of the opposite sex?
Sure they can. I don't have any close friends of the opposite sex right now. Well there's John but he lives in Vermont now. And the other John lives in Washington but he was really closer to Mike.
Why can men and women be good friends? Why not? Does every interaction with another human being have to be fraught with sexual tension? No. Can you have things in common with a member of the opposite sex? Yes.
5) Do you tend to make friends easily? Why/why not? Do you have many online friends? Which of your friends lives the closest to you?
No, I don't make friends easily. I make friendly acquaintances easily but are these people who really know me? No. I know a few people online but that's a whole other kettle of fish because there's a certain level of unreality when it comes to online friendships. Of those online friends I would have to say Beth lives the closest. Of the 'being able to see them in person' friends, Tracey lives the closest.
posted by Tamara - 6:46 AM -- Link to this entry
Show / Post Comments
Home | Flooby
Reviews | Flooby Reviews Archives | Flaming Carrot vs. the Legion of Super-Heroes | TJ's Web Log
Web Log | About Flooby.com | Flooby Carrot! | Who
is the Flaming Carrot? | Links
Flaming Carrot and
Flaming Carrot Comics © 2000 Bob Burden.