Flooby Reviews
FC vs. the LSH
TJ's Web Log
Mike's Web Log
About Flooby.com
Flooby Carrot!
Current Mood:
The current mood of tjo@flooby.com at www.imood.com
Misc. Other Blogs
3x Thursday
Adventure 247
Are We Married?
Babeland's Blog
Balloon Juice
Bats Left/Throws Right
The Beat
Bleeding Cool
Blog at Newsarama
Blogger Buzz
Bread of the Apocalypse
Burbank Democratic Club
By Ken Levine
Chris's Invincible Super-Blog
Cripple the Bitch
Crooks and Liars
DC Women Kicking Ass
Diana Gabaldon
Dateline: Silver Age
E-Scribblers.com Blog
E's Truth...or Not
Esquire Politics Blog
Filling the Well
Flawed Diamonds
Forbidden Falls Kourier
Glenn Greenwald
Greg Rucka
The Huffington Post
Jane's World Blog-o-rama
Jonathan Turley
Kris Dresen Draws
KOCO-TV Weather Blog
Mark's Super Blog
Maximum Verbosity
Mike's Rewired Geek Blog
News from Me
Publick Nuisance
Project Rooftop
ravings of a sparrow
Reality Blurred
Robin Hobb
run jen run
S O'Terrick Illuminations
Sadly, No!
Smart Bitches Who Love Trashy Novels
The Source
Uber Etc.
Women and Words

My Ebay Crap

Million for Marriage.org--Organizing a million people for civil marriage equality.
Powered by Blogger---www.weblog.com
my currently-reading shelf:
my currently-reading shelf
Tamara's Flooby Web Log

Monday, March 29, 2004

The Weekend

We had a busy weekend at the Hodge Lodge. I'm still barred from lifting anything heavier than a gallon of milk so Mom came over once again on Saturday to help with Cal. Mike and Duncan couldn't be roped into Cal duty because they got up extra early to head to Edmond and a Scholastic Chess Tournament at the Ida Friedman Elementary School.

Mom, Cal and I decided to run a few errands. Mom was going to take me to a store to pick out a small freezer but I talked her out of it. Our garage right now isn't ready for a freezer. I'm going in the hospital on Friday so I'd have to do something about making room in the garage this week because they would more than likely deliver this week if we had purchased one on Saturday. I have other things I need to do this week than make space for a freezer. Mike does too so I told her to wait.

Instead we went to Petsmart to get Max a larger crate and dog collar. He's a small dog but has gotten bigger than I expected him to. As a result, he's outgrown the totally cute collar I bought for him in Boulder and he can't sleep all stretched out in his crate. I found the coolest collapsible travel carrier/crate and an equally cool collar. It makes having to give up the sun/moon pattern collar okay.

After that we went to Kohl's to check their stock of OSU shirts. Wouldn't you know it, they had a ton of OU shirts and no OSU shirts. I feel sorry for OSU fans. It wasn't a total bust at Kohl's. Mom managed to buy toys for Cal and Duncan. She couldn't resist.

We killed a little time at a book store and then headed to Edmond to eat lunch with Mike and Duncan. Unfortunately the tournament was running behind and their lunch was cut short. We ended up going to City Bites and then we dropped them off at the school and headed back to OKC.

Still on the search for OSU shirts, we stopped at Academy. Lo and behold they did have OSU shirts. And I picked up an OU hat for someone.

We were home by about 2 pm and Cal was more than ready to be out of that car. He isn't as good as Duncan when it comes to car travel. He reaches the end of his rope pretty quickly and wants out of that car seat or else.

We spent the remainder of the afternoon lazing around. Well, I lazed around and Cal refused to take a freakin' nap. Lots of Wiggles watching and playing outside and he still wasn't ready for a nap. Poor mom got stuck with us until after 7 pm because she didn't want to leave me alone with Cal. Finally Mike and Duncan got home though and mom was able to escape to the peace and quiet of her own home.

Oh and Cal fell asleep on the floor watching the Wiggles around 8:30 pm. The little turd.

Duncan only won one of his rounds at the tournament but he said he had a good time. And he got a t-shirt for his efforts. And he got a little more practice playing new people.

Sunday was Shrine Circus day. Mike and Duncan skipped church school since they had to get up early on Saturday. We spent the morning being big, lazy slugs.

At 11 am, mom arrived and by 11:30 we were heading out the door to Hideaway Pizza for lunch. My cousin Kelsey and Aunt Gayle came down from Lawton for the circus but they took my grandma to lunch. Grandma wanted to go to Taco Bell so they missed out on the fabulous Hideaway experience. Bummer.

We made it to the Fairgrounds by 1 pm and upgraded the tickets to floor seating. Mike's mom arrived and we all went into the stadium. The time until the circus started was filled with keeping Cal entertained. There was no way he wanted to sit while people were bustling all around him.

Duncan and Kelsey took Cal on the elephant ride. It was pretty darn cute because he ended up between them and looked kind of squished through the ride. Kelsey said when they put him on the elephant he said, "big!" After the elephant ride, his Nana Gayle took him on the pony ride and he seemed to enjoy that one as well.

Finally the circus started and Cal squirmed until the lights went out and the music started. He only had to be passed around a couple of times and behaved very well at the circus.

I must admit that this year's Shrine Circus was a disappointment. It seemed like a lot of the acts they had were the same as last year and they were certainly lacking in more dramatic acts. The teeterboard group from Romania that was featured this year was soooo boring. If there is such a thing as an act consultant they need to hire one.

I got so bored I resorted to reading my book by the light of a green glow stick. Very sad. And people wonder why I never go anywhere without a book.

Cal ended up falling asleep after the intermission. It was 4:30 and long past his nap time. The circus ended about 5 pm and we all trouped home. Mike and cal continued napping once we got home and Duncan and I vegged. Yep, Shrine Circus day shoots the day all to hell. But I'm glad we go. Hopefully next year it will be better. Considering this is the first year I've been disappointed I would say that's a pretty good track record.

posted by Tamara - 7:19 AM -- Link to this entry
(0) comments   Show / Post Comments   Hide Comments

Home | Flooby Reviews | Flooby Reviews Archives | Flaming Carrot vs. the Legion of Super-Heroes | TJ's Web Log
Mike's Web Log | About Flooby.com | Flooby Carrot! | Who is the Flaming Carrot? | Links | E-Mail

Flaming Carrot and Flaming Carrot Comics © 2000 Bob Burden.